"Our job is not to make up anybody’s mind, but to open minds, and to make the agony of decision-making so intense you can escape only by thinking."
- Fred W. Friendly (1915-1998)

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth will make you mad."
- Aldous Huxley

"If you have ever injected truth into politics, then you have no politics."
- Will Rogers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Memo to 'True Americans' -- Learn the Language I

I have a feeling this will be an ongoing feature so I decided to number the title.  With all the talk about 'Americans should speak English only', etc. one of my favorite gripes is people whose words or writing appear in public but whose actions demonstrate that they were obviously asleep during English class.   Headline writers are particularly vulnerable - here is the latest example.

Update -- of course they fixed it -- the original said "principal".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but keep it on topic, factual, and please show some thought. Anything else will be deleted.

Anonymous comments are also deleted, unread unless you notify me in advance of your pseudonym and give me verifiable contact information.